What's up Canggu
Canggu offers a lot, even it is not as busy as for example Kuta and / or Seminyak. Every taste gets his place up here and there are plenty of option to fade a successfull day of surfing, relax and spoil yourself, get in shape, arts, enjoy the moments...
Here we have some hints for you.
There are some rumours around that yoga is helpful for surfing and keeps your inner and outer balance. Desa Seni offers different kind of yoga lessons at a really beautiful place built in traditional indonesian style. But as well the Serenity is well known for it's Yoga classes.
Bali is famous for it's massages. The special technique of the Balinese Massage is unique and everybody enjoys it. The best way to get your body back on track after surfing. There are plenty of Spas around here in Canggu. The best price / leisure you definitely get at Amy's Spa at Jalan Batu Bolong.
There are many many possibilities to go out of the camp and enjoy indonesian
- Warung Yess (just around the corner, typical indonesian food like "nasi campur" "soto ayam" "gado-gado" etc.)- Bakso (check out the little trolley beside the streets, if you hear them ringing: Jam Bakso!!;), typical indonesian soup with chicken or beef vegetables, spices etc. ) - Gorengian (check out the street around the corner) - Warung Babi Guling (indonesian suckling pig, you find them along the Jl. Raya Canggu) or western kitchen
- Deus https://www.facebook.com/pages/Deus-Ex-Machina/144600802257388?fref=ts- Oldmans https://www.facebook.com/oldmansbali?fref=ts
- Betelnut Café https://www.facebook.com/pages/Betelnut-Cafe/289844997715255- different Restaurants at the Echo Beach https://www.facebook.com/pages/Echo-Beach/330817460309014?fref=ts
There are many more, just keep your eyes open and don't be shy to try ;)
Life-Music, Party, Dance:
Okay, Canggu is not as noisy, blinking and busy as Kuta but be sure you will not get borred in part of nightlife. Best day to party hard up here in the middle of the rice patties: Sunday!!! But there is much more on the menue:
- Deus ex Machina: Taco and Tattoo Tuesday.
- Ol' Wednesday at Old Man's ask the staff if you like to get a table reserved
- Old Man's: Partynight with DJ/DJane or live music, different kind of music in a stylish location.
- Sandbars: Reggae-Beach-Party
- Deus ex Machina: live music, party and beer. Style: various, every Sunday something different from Sing-/and Songwriter up to wild and hard metal tunes in a stylish ambient.- Old Man's: Differente theme evenings with DJ's or live music.
and of course the all time favorite: A bintang at the different locations along the beach meanwhile the sun is going to sleep behind the horizon. During the week the Tanah Lot Temple a little drive further up the north is as well a very nice option (try to avoid the weekends to go there, as it will be busy)Linkes to the websides of the mentioned locations above:
Old Man's: https://www.facebook.com/oldmansbali